Todd Poling is the Founder and President of Vantage Point Advisors, Inc. Mr. Poling is actively involved in valuation engagements of all types and also leads the firm’s strategic planning and business development efforts.
Prior to founding Vantage Point, Mr. Poling was Managing Director of CBIZ Valuation Group, Inc., spending several years with the firm in the Dallas, San Diego, and Los Angeles offices. While at CBIZ, Mr. Poling managed large and complex valuation consulting engagements focusing heavily in the transaction arena. He participated in numerous engagements involving corporate re-structuring, initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, ESOPs and fairness opinions. In addition, he provided valuation consulting in litigation support situations and served as an expert witness in both deposition and trial settings.
Before joining CBIZ, Mr. Poling was the first employee and General Manager of the Antique Drapery Rod Company, Inc. a start-up manufacturer of drapery hardware and other fabricated furniture products based in Dallas, Texas where he was responsible for the company’s operational and financial activities. Today ADR, Inc. is an internationally recognized brand within its industry with over 150 employees, many of whom joined the company in its early years. Mr. Poling began his career with Arthur Andersen & Co. where he worked in the firm’s audit and business consulting practices.
Mr. Poling graduated from the University of South Dakota with a B.S. in Accounting and earned an MBA from Southern Methodist University. He is currently Immediate Past-President and serves on the Board of Directors of the San Diego Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), the Advisory Board of the San Diego State University Business Forum, is a member of the San Diego Rotary Club 33, and is a Trustee of the University of South Dakota Foundation.
- Vantage Point Advisors, Inc. – Founder and President
- CBIZ Valuation Group, Inc. – Managing Director
- Antique Drapery Rod Company, Inc. – General Manager
- Arthur Andersen & Co. – Associate
Professional Associations and other Credentials
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Associate Member, American Society of Appraisers
Boards and other Civic Duties
- San Diego Rotary Club 33
- Immediate Past President and Board of Directors – Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), San Diego Chapter
- Board of Advisors – Entrepreneurial Management Center (EMC), San Diego State University
- Trustee – University of South Dakota Foundation
- Past Volunteer – Big Brothers and Junior Achievement
Select Lectures and Appearances
- “How to Evaluate your Start-up” Manos Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) & Manos Accelerator Conference 04/14
- “Recent Trends in Fair Value Reporting” HighTower Advisors and San Diego CPA Education Association Program 02/14
- “Business Valuation 101” The Southern California Business Center of the Principal Financial Group CPE Seminar 10/13
- “Value-building Case Study” The Entrepreneurial Management Center (EMC) 02/10
- “Staying in or Getting Out – Exploring Exit Strategies and Liquidity Options”
- Presentation with Allen Matkins and Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- The Entrepreneurial Management Center (EMC) Retreat 2/09
- “The Nuts and Bolts of M&A” – presentation with Duane Morris, LLP
- The Entrepreneurial Management Center (EMC) Roundtable Panel 9/08
- “How to Go Up in a Down Market” BioCom CFO Series Presentation with Ernst & Young 05/08
- Southern Methodist University – MBA – Marketing, Finance and Entrepreneurial Studies
- University of South Dakota – BA – Accounting