Compensation: $80,000 – $100,000 depending on experience; plus bonus and benefits
San Diego, CA | Portland, OR | Seattle, WA
One of California’s top valuation firms, Vantage Point Advisors, is seeking a Senior Associate. The Senior Associate will be a strong valuation professional responsible for developing and utilizing managerial-related skillsets to lead engagements, client correspondence and interactions, and staff management. Their essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Plans, organizes, conducts, and manages valuation projects, with an emphasis on projects related to publicly-traded and closely-held companies
- Manages a small engagement team while being accountable for the daily progression and reporting of the engagement to the engagement lead
- Assumes responsibility for quality control and accuracy of client deliverables
- Oversees multiple valuation and advisory engagements simultaneously
- Writes complex valuation reports and summarizes analyses and conclusions
- Works collaboratively with the engagement team and is a positive contributor to the firm’s culture
- Engages and leads client conversations and meetings without manager/director support
- Leads, trains, and coaches analysts and other associates within the team
The candidate will be working directly with C-level executives, board members, investors and other experienced professionals including accountants and attorneys. As the company continues to grow, the candidate’s input will be essential on matters such as hiring new staff, production flow and other important operational needs. Employees at Vantage Point Advisors enjoy autonomy, the opportunity for personal and professional development, and direct daily interaction with the senior team and clients.
We are looking for valuation professionals (not investment bankers, stock analysts, etc.) providing valuation services as a client deliverable. Candidates must have at least four years of prior business valuation experience, as well as experience in a combination of the following areas:
- Equity Incentive Awards (ASC 718 and IRC 409A)
- Fair Value Measurements (ASC 820)
- Business Combinations (ASC 805, IRC section 1060)
- Goodwill and Other Intangible Assets (ASC 350)
- Embedded Derivatives (ASC 815)
- ESOP Valuations
- Valuation opinions for gift and estate planning purposes
- Valuations for other general corporate purposes
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience within the valuation group of a Big Four, leading national accounting or valuation firm, or reputable regional independent valuation firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Certifications / Licensing / Credentials including CFA, ASA, CPA, CVA and/or ABV preferred.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills.
Based in San Diego (with offices in Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle and New York), Vantage Point Advisors is a rapidly growing business valuation advisory firm recognized for its integrity and ability to execute. Our objective is to deliver responsive, high quality business valuation, litigation support and financial advisory services to a diverse and demanding client base. The candidate will play an essential role in the growth and continuous development of the firm
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation commensurate of experience; plus bonus and benefits
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Bonus Eligibility
- Relocation Package