Compensation: $100,000 – $140,000 depending on experience; plus bonus and benefits
San Diego, CA | Los Angeles, CA | Philadelphia, PA | New York City, NY
We are seeking a strong valuation professional to lead our thriving 409A and portfolio valuation practice. This is an outstanding opportunity to take an active leadership role in a dynamic, growing company. The candidate must have related prior business valuation experience and will be expected to lead the 409A vertical, demonstrating quality while being an effective and productive manager.
The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of planning and managing engagements, including data gathering, research, due diligence, financial analysis, and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials. They will also be responsible for supervising and developing junior team members as well as providing business development assistance.
The candidate will be working directly with C-level executives, board members, investors and other experienced professionals including accountants and attorneys. As the company continues to grow, the candidates input will be essential on matters such as hiring new staff, production flow and other important operational needs. Employees at Vantage Point Advisors enjoy autonomy, the opportunity for personal and professional development, and daily interaction with the senior team and clients.
We are looking for valuation professionals (not investment bankers, stock analysts, etc.) providing valuation services as a client deliverable. Candidates must have at least three years of prior business valuation experience, as well as experience in a combination of the following areas:
- Equity Incentive Awards (ASC 718 and IRC 409A)
- Fair Value Measurements (ASC 820)
- Embedded Derivatives (ASC 815)
- Business Combinations (ASC 805, IRC section 1060)
- Goodwill and Other Intangible Assets (ASC 350)
- ESOP Valuations
- Valuation opinions for gift and estate planning purposes
- Valuations for other general corporate purposes
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience within the valuation group of a Big Four, leading national accounting or valuation firm, or reputable regional independent valuation firm.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Certifications / Licensing / Credentials including CFA, ASA, CPA, CVA and/or ABV preferred.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills.
Based in San Diego (with offices in Los Angeles and Philadelphia), Vantage Point Advisors is a rapidly growing corporate valuation advisory firm recognized for its integrity and ability to execute. Our objective is to deliver responsive, high quality corporate valuation, litigation support and financial advisory services to a diverse and demanding client base. The candidate will play an essential role in the growth and continuous development of the firm.
Compensation & Benefits
- $100,000 – $140,000 depending on experience; plus bonus and benefits
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Bonus Eligibility
- Relocation Package